Product OverviewSeagate® Laptop Thin HDD (formerly Momentus® Thin) offers feature-rich, slim, lightweight style at price and capacity points that enable no-compromise designs for thin computing.
• The world's first 7mm z-height, 2.5 inch form factor drive
• Seagate SmartAlign™ technology1 provides easy transition to 4K sectors
• Available as a Self-Encrypting Drive (SED) and FIPS 140-2 SED2
• Compatible with SATA 6Gb/s designs
• Backed by a 2-year limited warranty
Opens New Frontiers for System Designers
Seagate has purpose-built the Laptop Thin HDD to meet our customers’ demand for affordable, slimmer, fully functional computing solutions. Meet your needs with 500GB, 320GB, 250GB and 160GB capacity options.
While traditional laptop hard drives offer a z-height of 9.5 mm, the Laptop Thin HDD stands apart with a z-height of just 7mm.
FeaturesSecure Self-Encrypting Drive Options
Seagate Laptop Thin Self-Encrypting Drives deliver government-grade encryption without performance degradation - protecting your data where it lives. You get all the benefits of secure data encryption without the headaches.
• Ships with the Trusted Computing Group (TCG) Opal protocol
• The world’s first 7mm SED to be shipped with FIPS 140-2 validation
• Instant on-the-fly encryption without performance degradation
• Instant Secure EraseTM technology that can instantly erase the security key data on your hard drive, enabling secure disposal or repurposing of the SED
Thin Hard Drive Perfect For:
• Building entry-level to high-performance ultraportable laptops
• Creatng thin, light netbooks without compromising storage or affordability
• Designing slim consumer electronics devices
• Protecting your sensitive data